Neighbors In Need Food and Funds Drive 2012
Our one-day food and funds drive will take place at the WSBT Stations, 1301 E. Douglas Road, Mishawaka, on Monday, February 20, 2012, from 6 a.m. – 7 p.m. We need your generous support again this year.
Since 2009, Schurz Communications,
the WSBT Stations, South Bend Tribune and
Martin’s Super Markets have hosted Neighbors in Need, a one-day food and funds drive to benefit the Food Bank of Northern Indiana.
Hunger in our community is closer than you think. Hunger is the silent epidemic. Hunger is a community health issue. No one should have to decide between food, heating their home, paying rent or purchasing medicine.
- Just over 18% of the population in northern Indiana is food insecure. Your friends, your family, your colleagues, and our neighbors do not always know where they will find their next meal.
- One in four children in northern Indiana don’t know where they will find their next meal.
- Today the need is even greater throughout northern Indiana. The Food Bank’s 185 member agencies have seen a 50% increase in the number of clients they served from 2010 to 2011
– with fewer resources.
- During the winter months, food drives will be conducted at each school.
- The goal is to collect 50,000 pounds of non-perishable food items.
Your donation of a dollar to the Food Bank can provide up to eight meals. Show your school spirit and make your donation now! For more information about 2012 Neighbors in Need and the Food Bank of Northern Indiana, please call (574) 232-9986.